Wool-n-Dance¬† * ¬†WnD is an integral, interdiciplinaire and participatory big event.¬†
*¬† WnD brings together¬† versatile aspects. see above
* ¬†WnD¬† promotes a deeper consciousness of life.
* WnD inspires us to develop our own creativity
* WnD promotes active producing, more than consuming
* WnD points out the importance of communal work combined with fun
Every WnD-carpet has his own destination.
* In the past our carpets have been displayed and commissioned.
* One¬† is a carpet in an apartment.
* Another one got made into a yurt
* One serves as a meditation and yoga carpet
* The one of London, which will be used at the 2009 Knitting and Stitching Show, has had interest from the South-Bank-Center for exhibition.
* Some of the smaller pieces travel with us as examples¬† and inspiration.
For every event our crew is formating a creative group and invites interested textile people to join new experiences.
WnD is more than just a weekend-event but a movement with snowball-effect.
We got many compliments from the organizers of the
Thames Festival 08, from the SCB and the press. We got included in the
Thames-Festival-Foto-Calender and in a tube clip. Our small documentary
Birth of a wool-carpet can be seen on you tube.
Our commitment isn't fulfilled until we have taken part in the UN proclaimed Year of natural fibres 2009. Our engagement with wool-art, team-work, participant events, exercise, promoting creativity and pleasurful working goes on. We are developing the idea by slowly improving our techniques from experience.
At these particular K&SS events we are only using natural fibres and new techniques in knitting, weaving, felting and spinning mixed with old traditions.
Dancing on the carpet is not a spectacular show, but a great event to take part.
We are not interested in having single dance performers, we need the crowd dancing to exchange the loose wool-fibres into a solid piece of textile.
This experience of enjoying work, learning skills, exercising the body and having fun while¬† moving and dancing brings people together.